Do you want to achieve an aesthetically pleasing IOS14 home screen? Well you can but you might want to think twice before taking the plunge.
Unfortunately Apple has never offered its users the option to customize the icons of their home screen to their liking. Options of customization are very limited. Thus people found a workaround to achieve that aesthetic look without having to buy an Android.
How to customize your iPhone Home Screen.
In order to understand the problems of this workaround let me tell you how it works. If you still want to do it after this post come back to this tutorial!
- Open the “Shortcuts” app that is usually pre-installed to your phone.
Press the + sign.
- Add Action
- Search and click “Open App”
- Click “Choose” and find and click the App that you want to customize in the list.
- Now that the shortcut has been created click on the three dots.
- Name your shortcut so you don’t confuse them in the future.
- Click “Add to Home Screen”
- Choose the name you want
- Click on the icon and “choose photo” to insert a photo from your camera roll.
As you understand this is a time consuming process. Additionally, every time you open an app the “Shortcuts” app will open first. This has been pretty annoying to me. Also whenever I try to navigate between apps in the phone’s history the shortcuts app is always in the middle. After a week of use I have decided to go back to my regular boring but more comfortable working Home Screen.
If you want to know how to undo this let me know in the comments below or shoot me a DM on Instagram.