First I have to say I am a hardcore Maybelline fan. Really good quality products with greater price tags! But this product was a total FAIL. The color I’m reviewing is the 05 nude flush!
- Beautiful, sturdy packaging
- Great color selection ( ten honestly lovely shades from nudes to reds and even some extravagant purples)
- Does not dry your lips at all. On the contrary it’s pretty hydrating!
- Easy to use applicator that glides on the lips.
- It does NOT dry matte. No matter how thin of a layer you put , no matter how long you wait it will never be completely matte. (Hence the not drying part). In the end I guess we can’t have the best of both worlds.
- The color is significantly lighter on the lips and it’s not at all buildable.
- It transfers like crazy and you’ll have to reapplicate every ten freaking minutes.
Even if I could look away from the fact that it’s not matte the formula is still really bad. I will not be repurchasing!
What is your favorite matte lipstick? Do you have better suggestions?