Oh wow, I haven’t posted in a while. I do apologize for being MIA these past few weeks, I just wanted to take a break from blogging for a while ’cause I had to focus on my studies for a bit and finish my assignments.
But, I am back again, and I am so excited to continue with my blogging. Especially with the festive season now in action. Can you guys believe that the year is coming to an end? Somebody must have kept their finger on the fast forward button, because this year has flown by wayyy too fast!
So, because I haven’t posted in quite some time, I have decided that I will be posting three times in a row this week – today, tomorrow & Wednesday. It’s kinda like a mini, mini blogmas, but not really. Maybe I’ll do blogmas next year.
I have made a little list of a few fun things you can do this festive season for those days when you are not entirely sure what to do or if you are planning a festive season full of fun and some of these things you can do in the summer too, because not all of us have a winter wonderland festive season 🙂
1. This is a classic must for every festive season – driving around with the family or friends and looking at Christmas lights and decorations. I love doing this and it’s always so fun to see how every house is decorated differently and the lights on the streets.
2. Baking some delicious cookies or whatever traditional thing you like to bake each year. You can make it even more fun by turning it into a little competition – who can decorate the best Christmas cookie or who makes the yummiest apple pie!
3. Hold a Christmas movies marathon! You can either cuddle up in your fluffy blanket by yourself or invite a few friends over for some hot cocoa and festive movies. A few of my favourite Christmas movies are, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, Polar Express, Elf and a few others.
4. Host or go to a bonfire – either somewhere in the woods with some marshmallows or even on the beach on those summer nights!
5. Get creative and create your own customized Christmas cards – your loved ones will really appreciate the extra effort.
6. You can even save some money and make DIY Christmas gifts this year (P.S. I might do a post on this for some ideas!)
7. Do a Christmas gifts, decorations, treats, etc. swap with a foreign friend. I actually got this from Zoella’s one YouTube video where she and other YouTubers sent each other a box full of Halloween goodies that you get in England, but not in America and of course the other way around.
8. Get to know how other people celebrate their holidays and what their traditions are.
9. Make yourself a Christmas song playlist – you can even use the songs for a fun karaoke night!
10. Do you wanna build a snowman? Then go outside and playyyy! (see what I did there? haha) Or make a snowman or have a snowball fight. There is so much you can do and it’ll be so much fun you’ll forget about freezing your socks off!
11. Go to a festive play or concert in your town or close by.
12. Go ice skating or watch an ice skating show!
13. Read a book on da beach or when you’re snuggled up in your blankets.
14. Go on a roadtrip to some place you’ve always wanted to visit and invite close friends or family. You can even check out their Christmas lights and decorations!
15. Sit by the cozy fire and have a storytelling time.
16. Hold a competition to see who can get their hands on the ugliest sweater ever!
17. Do a Christmas gifts scavenger hunt.
18. Go through your house and clear out some things that you don’t use or wear and turn them into Christmas gifts to give to an orphanage or any charity.
19. Go all out and bake and cook some delicious traditional Christmas goodies that you would not usually make.
20. And last, but not least, spend loads of time with your loved ones. This is a special time of the year and what better way than to spend it with those who love you.
♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you guys for taking the time to read – hope you liked it!
What is your favourite festive season tradition?
– Blissful Boho
(I found the images on Google)